Whats the best suspension ??

My VR6 has standard shocks but 40mm lowered springs and a nasty bumpy ride, it also rubs the back tyres on bumpy roads, I have D90's 8x16" all round with 195/40x16" stretched tyres and it's a 5 dorr.

I've been looking along the lines of coilovers so I can get it low enough but not scrape, where with a shock and spring kit you have no adjustment so it may scrape, I wouldn't know till I'd fitted them and then its too late.

I want some sort of comfort too, and not have the back loading too much as it is now under acceleration.

A few of the kits I've looked at on the net say they adjust from -40mm to -120mm, I'd have thought 0mm to - 60mm would have been better. There is also a big price difference in the kits.

Any recomendations would be apreseated.

Best setup is Eibach Springs with Koni top adjustable shocks, 'in my humble opinion', VW's seem to have benfitted from this setup the most for quite a while now, got the exact same thing on mine, only dropped it by 30mm as I wanted to be able to go over speed bumps without worrying about it and the ride is lovely, nice and stable, handles well in corners and the speed bumps are not an issue at all.

You can adjust the softness/ride to suit, and there is quite a big difference in the different settings, I usually adjust it if I am taking more people in the car to make it slightly harder, not much though.

I have got standard VR6 alloys and tyres so the thing I would probably change next is the front anti-roll bar as the car does seem to roll quite a bit still which seems to be built into the mk3 setup from the factory, they started to go more towards the American market, as in comfort over agility, the difference between the mk2 and mk3 is quite substantial even taking into account the extra weight the mk3 is carrying around.

I had Weitec Hicon TX's fitted to my car a couple of weeks ago. Height and Damping adjustable. Really comfortable ride and go rather low.

They are expensive, but worth the money.

I've had a cheap kit on a previous car and it was horrible, so though id splash out this time, and im glad i did.

Ive got supersports fixed damping coilovers and i like them.. Good ride firm but quite bumpy..

Adjustable damping are ment to be better but i think it would take a while to get then set up properly..

To be fair i don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between driving one with cheep coilovers and exspencive coilovers.. I get the feeling you pay for the name but pehaps the exspenive ones last longer..