HELP ME IM GOING NUTS! PROBLEM SOLVED LOVIN THE WORLD

i have a problem with my p reg vr6 i bought it 3 weeks ago and when i put my foot down it seems theres no power untill i get to about 3 or 4000 rmp brown pants for overtaking ect. it only dose this now and again some days better than outhers i have replecaed the coil pack,leads,plugs,fule filter and its been on my mates computer down the garage and no faults at all im now lost on what to replace next please let me know if im missing somthing many thanks from a confused vdub owner

What software did the garage use? And is it OBD1 or 2. I'm pretty sure owing to posts on here that VAGcom is the only way to ensure error codes are obtained properly, so if your garage is using Sun or Snap on etc, they maybe missing something vital. Just a thought as it's a fair bit cheaper than throwing a fuel pump which you probably don't need into the equation.

There are lots of members here who will do it for free if you ask them. There is a list somewhere on here with the members willing to help others with Vag-Com but cant find it.

I have it but live near Slough, west of london, so quite a distance for you to travel.

Your symptons sounds like mine when I had a Mk2 2.9.

You naturally put your foot down for more gas as your going nowhere (engine power not responding) and then.......... whoosh, all of a sudden, the engine kicks into life but then you've got too much gas and accelerating where you don't want to be = brown pants time.

My problem was cured by replacing the lambda probe that goes into the cat. Have you tried replcaing the lambda probe?

I think it was a simple fit with plug at one end and screwing the new probe in.

Can remember connecting/ joining a few wires together (to original cable); not sure if you cut the existing cable and use orginal plug.

Parts may have changed by now as mine was done over 10 yrs ago (part brought from G&S)

Purely guesswork but I suppose it would depend on the Lambda probe itself, if it's a UEGO then a scan would probably pin it down, if it's a HEGO, then it may miss out the heating channel, and this would cause false readings if they're cold, the scan would just check to see if it's measuring.