Rear Window...comes down but not up..

Had the panel off today and i found a small window suction pad type thingy lying in the bottom of the door???

The motor brings the window down but wont push it back up..but i can manually push it back up.

Any ideas?

Anyone got a layout of the window assy?

Thanks

Chris

I've had the doorcards off but just cant see why it's not working...

The motor pulls it down ok but struggles to push it back up - the cable is there and tries but its as though something has 'come off' (the rubber suction thing i found? )...

The main switch operates fine so it's not that.

Defo somethign to do with the mechanism.. but until i see what it should be like i cant compare...

Cheers so far

Chris

give me a couple of mins matey, just uploading them now. Your problem is a broken piece of plastic the sits snuggly around a metal nut situated on the steal cable, one side usually breaks off hence the motor winding it down but not up as when you try to wind it back up the nut pushes straight past the bracket hence the window does not go up but leaving it free to be slid straight up by hand

Ok here goes

The window mech in place in the door, the part that usually breaks has been circled

CompleteWindowMechInstalled.jpg

The area circled is the window winder mechanism with the window actually in the holder as it should be.

This next image is of the two parts that make up the window winder mechanism, apart from the motor.

The part on the left flips over and locates on the rail, I have circled the two parts that interlock, the bracket (that usually breaks) and the nut on the steel cable/wire.

CompleteWindowMech.jpg

This last pic is of the actual part that breaks but close up.

WindowMech.jpg

Hope this helps, if you need more pics let me know, I have a couple more.

Great stuff - i'll have another look this week.

In your 1st photo - the motor and window mchanism look easier to access than i recall - is there another panel/trim part that bolts off?

Also, How much of a job is it to get all that removed?

Thanks for your help

Chris

Alright then, how about this one, a window that can be made to go up and down from the switch on the dash but the door switch just makes something inside click? I have tried the switch from the other side that I know works but the window doesn't want to move???

Thanks,

JAK..

Alright then' date=' how about this one, a window that can be made to go up and down from the switch on the dash but the door switch just makes something inside click? I have tried the switch from the other side that I know works but the window doesn't want to move???

Thanks,

JAK..

[/quote']

broken wires from the door into the B pillar

Great stuff - i'll have another look this week.

In your 1st photo - the motor and window mchanism look easier to access than i recall - is there another panel/trim part that bolts off?

Also' date=' How much of a job is it to get all that removed?

[/quote']

It is simple as pie to get it out, you have a plug to disconnect right at the bottom of the mechanism that connects to the motor, unclip that - 5 seconds, you will need to get the actual window out of the clamp, which is held together by 2 10mm bolts, once loose just lift the glass up until it is free, at this point the whole piece of glass is completely loose in the door so be careful on where it goes (and how fast it gets there, ie the bottom of the door!!), then you have 3 little 10mm bolts, as you look at the door there is one at 12o'clock, 1 at 6 o'clock and 1 at 9 o'clock, you can see all 3 in the first picture, the bottom bolt is within circle that I have drawn on it. all 3 bolts only need to be loosened, they dont have to be taken out. Once loose just lift the whole mechanism up about half an inch and push it back towards the outside of the door and it will free itself from the door. This is the tricky point... you need to twist it anti-clockwise about 90 degrees and remove the bottom part of the mechanism first then pull the whole thing out.

Here comes the Haynes Manual part... the assembly is the exact reverse of the removal... :)