So long fellas

I sold my VR6 last night, it was very difficult.

I'd just like to say thank you to all the people on here for your help over the last few years keeping it on the road. These cars are a legend and I'll always cherish my time behind the wheel of one of the best cars VAG ever made.

I sold it for 30 quid less than I bought it for after 2 years of use, that says it all.

Good luck guys....

I got me a BMW 330d Sport. I spent a lot of time thinking about these diesels and I came to the conclusion that it was time to make the leap. I considered a fabia vRS as they are pretty much the same size as mk3 golf but it just didn't have the pull I wanted, almost but not quite.

I also considered all the petrol options of a newer golf v6 4 motion, a V5 golf, a 1.8t A3 and even a 225 TT. Sadly the 4motion is a bit to heavy for the power, the V5's don't have a good realiability record due to the amount of toys they have. These 1.8t VAG engine seem to be plagued with electric issues with coil packs and sensor etc, three of my mates have them is various forms and i just don't want a head ache.

If i had the money and i could afford to run it I'd be going stroight for an R32 or V6 TT but I'm at a time in my life where 40mpg average is very appealing when it performs very simularly to the vr6 in a straight line and corners like a 50 50 car should.

Naturally I've been getting a lot of stick for driving a bmw aswell. VAG dropped the ball a bit on there Mk4s too I think, the accountants moved in.