Hi Folks,

When I had the VR6 lump dropped in my Corrado it was left with the original fuel pump (1.8 16V version). The fuel pump has now started to leak a little (well it is 15 years old!!) and was wondering whether I should replace it with a VR6 fuel pump or stick to the valver pump?? Is there any differences? Someone had said to me that you could use one off an 8valve GTI?

Also, by the looks of it when I go to change the fuel pump I think everything around it will disintegrate - so am also looking to replace the Accumulator and Fuel pipes. Does anyone have the VAG part number for the accumulator - it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Derek

thats funny i have the fuel pump page of the bentley manual open right now.

not sure what engines these are, but the AAA (whhc is the vr6) has a more powerful pump than the ABA and the ACC...presuming one of those is the 8v. i'd get a vr6 one if i were you.

8+16V are 3bar pumps,VR6 is 4bar wether it be corr,vento,golf.the system drops 1/2 of a bar by the time it hits the fuel pressure reg.i tryed an 8V pump when my pump packed up-ran like shite.on a rr power graph it highlighted a flat spot @ 3000rpm,the 3bar pump could not sustain the proper pressure.picked the pump up for 40quid 2nd hand.

The mk3 16v pump is only 3 bar.

Corr28VR6's will be more like the mk2 16v pump, where its got a lift pump in the tank and the main pump under the car.

This pump is more powerful than the vr's pump as the old K-Jet mechanical injection required a very high fuel pressure and returned more fuel to the tank than the car actually used.

Go with either, could work out cheaper getting the vr pump as the actual pumps are about the same price but with the vr pump you only need to run a standard fuel line, with the 16v pump if you try to replace everything you have after it falls apart it wont be cheap.

Be careful if you go to Euro Car Parts for a vr pump, they have the 3 bar one on there system as being for the vr but not the proper, 4 bar one. I had to take mine back to them and ended up just going to VW for the sake of the extra tenner it cost.

You would probably also need to get a new float for the fuel gauge for the vr pump as well