hi. im in a decision between wheather i should buy coilovers or shocks/springs? and what drop to go for? what are the advantages and disadvantages for each? any info would be great.

i should also add..i dont want a very firm ride. im looking for that combination of a nice low ride where i can go over speed humps comfortably.

thanks

depends what you're going to use the car for - unless you spend mega bucks on coilovers (Koni's etc) then the ride will probably be on the firm side, if you're going to show the car and want to raise and lower the height a lot, then obviously coilovers are the ones to go for.

If like me you would probably never adjust your suspension and want a decent enough ride without being harsh, then go for shocks and springs - I've got a Weitec setup on mine and I'm very happy with it (and also saved myself about £500 over buying a decent set of coillies)

most shocks springs are about a 40mm drop so if you want more than that then get coilovers if not koni top adjustable shocks and eibach springs are a good option... good handling and on a softer setting are comfortable but you have the option to firm things up if you want. FK konigsports or KW are good options for coilovers