which lower arm for a VR6 ?? £150 fitted seems a bit steep !!!

right , my mate changed my pads the other day and said the lower arm is fooked on the drivers side . but it made no noise before he changed the pads. but now it bangs like hell etc . he reckons when it was jacked up its free'ed the arm to where it should be and the rubber must have been wegde thats why it mad no noise .

so i rung up a garage the other day and they said £150 all in . i nearly fell over . they reckon the arm is £75 + vat ??

i havent had a chance to ring car euro parts etc to get a price but i looked on ebay and they had one thats £40+del which says it fits VR6 and 16 gti but wont fit 8v and below . so i thought it must be uprated for the more powerful cars ??????

then i just looked and there is a lower arm/wishbone and its only £24.99 ?? but says it fits VR6 , 16v and 8v ????

can any one shed some light on to where i should be looking and are all golf arms the same etc ??

cheers Kris !!!!!!

GSF do them for £30.55 all in but obviously you gotta get it fitted which I might add is a pig.

You have to undo the rear engine mount to fit it so the sump clears the bolt.

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

Try them fella they are very resonable

okey dokey mate i will give them a bell on monday when they are open . and £30.55 was a vr6 one ?? sounds good to me !

It is one of those jobs that If I had to do it again, Id buy the part and get a garage to fit it, its not hard to do, but I have very little patience and hate skinned knuckles, so If I could get a garage to fit it for say ,£100 cash ;) , i'd bit there hand off

PREMIUM MEMBERS GET 10% OFF AT GSF ASWEL :)