hesitant when accelerating hard...

Hello anyone,

OBD1 seems to be hesitant sometimes when at full chat, not always but most of the time, from 2500rpm upwards.

Not got an induction kit yet, cant see the point if I cant get it running smoothly first but it does have the replacement K&N insert.

Is there anything on the throttle body I can take off & clean, like speed idle valve or similar?

Since owning I have replaced the fuel filter, also plugs & leads as when damp was misfiring a tiny bit.

Any help appreciated,

Richard

no, not the same as the other thread, nowhere near as bad!!

someone did mention a possible faulty cat - 13 years old so may be on its way out? they recommended getting a de-cat pipe to use between mot's, but thats obviously illegal!!

I have tried injector cleaner & am going to try a good dose of ultimate laced with valve stem seal lubricant (octane booster). That worked well a couple of years ago in the TVR, seemed to clean everything in the fuel side of things.

If the cat was removed, would the mapping be ok still?

• 4 months later...

If you did remove the cat, the ecu will still adjust the fuel/air mix to maintain correct signal from the lambda sensor.

the only way of actually seeing that there is "more" comming out of the exhaust than there should be is by doing a "4 gas" check on a exhaust gas analyser.

but you would be surprised how well the system still works without a cat in situ.

Of course the only guys who "could" get nervous over the removal of the cat is the vehicle inspectorate on a roadside check, but that is only a rectification notice and a refitting jobbie if ness.