Adjusting vr6 mileage

Alright Guys,

Was wondering is there any handy way of adjusting the mileage on a set of vr clocks early '96, obd 1, as when i did my engine transplant the clocks from the donor car were mangled and the new clocks i got had about 60000 more miles on them and i want to adjust them to the original engine mileage.

Many Thanks

Gareth

you may be able to at a VW main stealer, with all docs (MOT etc) proving the actually milage you need them adjusted to, if they can id imagine it would be a hefty sum!

I always thought the milage was stored on the ecu or somewhere though and the clocks just displayed it ???

no, it's all held in the memory of the clocks. well i'm a mechanic myself, have a friend in a VW garage and they wont do it. i have the function on my vag com software but anytime i try to change it, it wont let me. so was just wondering if anyone knew of anything?

ahhh dont worry, i'm definately not a dodgy type, and it'll not afect the second hand market, cause i love my vr and she'll NEVER be sold!!! :)

oh and plus theres a genuine 60000 on the engine and nearly 130000 on the clocks......