Electric window problem

My passenger side electric window dosnt operate from the drivers side switch. But when you do the old hold your door key in the locked position or open position it goes up or down. So somwhere there must be some other bit of electronics and pos a fuse that operates the electric windows. Iv spent countless hours looking for a wiriing diagram for my car and have come up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Thanks for the reply. The passenger window switch never worked and certainly doesnt now, because its not there. There must be something down in the bowls of the wiring and fuses that is stopping it operating via the switch but lets it operate via the key. It might be a broken wire of course but i just wanted to know does any one know of any other bit of electronic kit in the cat#r that might be causing the problem. Thanks Ben

• 2 weeks later...

The drivers door switch might be the problem. Are you able to remove switch from door and get to terminals behind? Check to make sure connection are good. Then you need to check for continuity across the terminals when the switch is pressed, you will need a multi-meter for this. If you don't have one you may be able to test the switch by swapping the wiring over so that the drivers switch is connected to the pasenger window, If the pasenger window now works using the drivers switch, this will prove that the passenger switch is faulty. If it Still does'nt work then maybe a break in cable. I dont think its a fuse. regards shawn