Abs fault, is there anyone with a vag com in the southampton area that could help?

Hi,

I have only had my VR6 for a week and it has developed a fault with the abs system.

Most mornings (but not all) when the ignition is switched on the abs light stays on (abs does not function). However after a short journey to work (3 miles) sometimes after switching the engine off and restarting the abs light will go off and the system will work. It seems to be an intermittant fault that I was thinking it was temperature related, as in it works when its warm but not when its cold but this is not always the case!!! I have unplugged the connectors and given them a clean and a spray with wd40 and it then worked for 2 days but I dont think that it was the problem as its not working again !!

I was hoping to try and see if there were any fault codes stored before I started taking anything else apart.

I there anyone in the southampton area that has a vag com that could read the codes for me? or can anyone recommend a garage that knows what they are doing but dont charge a fortune to read the codes.

Thanks for any help

The car is a 94 VR6 and the part no on the pump is 1H2 614 217A.

Cheers

Martin

Ps This forum is great I have already sorted out a few other problems by reading through the posts.