Madeleine's parents are suspects?

To bring this thread back to topic. This mornings speculations are very interesting.

[blockquote]Unconfirmed reports in Portuguese newspapers suggested that her journal portrays Mrs McCann as being worn out by Madeleine's "excess of activity". She also allegedly complains that her husband does not help with family chores, meaning that the burden of looking after their twins falls on her, according to the Correio da Manha.

[/blockquote]

An psychologist friend of mine I was talking too about this a while back said that she had always thought they were guilty because

a) It's 'always' the parents

B) Kate looks highly strung; "I wouldn't trust her with a knife"

[blockquote]Intense attention has focused on what police found in the hire car rented by Madeleine's parents 25 days after she went missing. Senior sources linked to the investigation told Portuguese journalists that they discovered "bodily fluids" - not blood - with an 88% match to Madeleine's genetic profile in the boot.

Toxicological tests on the liquid show that Madeleine had consumed a "significant" quantity of sleeping tablets and may have overdosed, the French newspaper France Soir reported, citing unnamed sources in Portugal.

[/blockquote]

I was happy to believe that the fluids could have been the twins as they must have very similar DNA to Maddie. Either way drugging your kids is not on.

[blockquote]Portuguese police want to re-interview the mother of missing Madeleine McCann so they can ask her more than 40 questions she previously refused to answer, it has been reported.

Kate McCann remained silent when detectives initially put the questions to her in the presence of her lawyer, according to the Portuguese newspaper Publico.

[/blockquote]

IMO, silence does not portray innocence.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guilty person would not go to the lenghts of:

A) Getting their own test's done on the hire car.

B) Meeting the Pope.

C) Not using public funds to clear their name.

Also why have the other kids not been tested for sedatives?

So far the following things are for definite.

1. Child is missing, presumed dead.

2. The parents say they didn't do it.

3. There are indiscrepancies in the parents story.

4. Evidence of some sort may have been passed on to the public prosecutors in Portugal

Everything else is just Chinese whispers, right?

A guilty person would not go to the lenghts of:

B) Meeting the Pope.

'Forgive me father for I have sinned...."

Everything else is just Chinese whispers' date=' right?

[/quote']

Right. But I do enjoy a good game of Chinese whispers.

[blockquote]Send three and sixpence, we are going to a dance[/blockquote]

And the figure I was missing earlier: 90% of murders are committed by 'family' members.

I agree lots of it is heresay, but as you say there are discrepancies - tbh I don't know whether they're guilty or not, normally I would have a pretty clear cut opinion on something like this, but this one's got me stumped - have to wait for any charges to be brought if they are

There have many points raised using past cases, but lets not forget the innocent in all this as well,

Lindy Chamberlain who's baby daughter was taken by a dingo dog in 1982,

She was convicted for life on DNA forensics from England, saying they found 'body fluids in

the foot well of her car' (sounds familiar) then she was only released after her child's clothing

was found 3 years later where a man had fell off Ayes Rock to his death.

Now a women from Portugal Leonor Cipriano who's 4 year old daughter went missing in 2004

got 16 years for what now seems to be a forced confession through torture from the same Inspector

Goncalo Amaral a co-leader of the investigation of Madeleine. Leonor did confess after 48 hours interrogation,

but she retracted her statement, but she was charged and given a 16 year sentence.

Now the inspector has been accused of concealing evidence into allegations that three of his colleagues

tortured the mother of her missing daughter Joana Cipriano.

The case has been adopted by a public prosecutor next months first hearing.

Amaral is not the only accused officer linked to the McCanns but retired Chief Inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao,

who has been writing for a daily column for the Portuguese news paper, he has leaked sources close to

the police inquiry and telling sensational stories, he makes it quiet clear that he considers the parents are responsible, he is 'alleged involved in the torture of this women 4 years ago.

We should ask Sharon Clarke what she thinks of the evidence put against the McCanns.........

Oh sorry we can't. (GOD BLESS HER)

Let's not be to quick to judge, to many innocent good natured people & families have had their lives destroyed.

Like HellVR6 said, 'keep an open mind'

• 2 weeks later...

Just hope they get off being suspects.

[blockquote] A millionaire businessman says he is giving Madeleine McCann's parents financial support to help them fight the "incredible accusations" they face.

Cheshire-based Brian Kennedy, who owns Sale Sharks rugby club, said he "felt compelled" to help the couple.

He said he was providing Kate and Gerry McCann, of Rothley, Leics, with financial and logistical support, including his in-house lawyer.

The McCanns are formal suspects in the inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance.

Madeleine was last seen in Praia da Luz, in Algarve, Portugal on 3 May - days before her fourth birthday.

Her parents insist she was abducted while they ate at a nearby tapas bar with friends.

'Relieving pressure'

In a statement, Mr Kennedy, who owns the Latium Group, said: "In light of the quite literally incredible accusations against Gerry and Kate McCann, which are clearly exacerbating their emotional torture, I felt compelled to offer... financial support and the full logistical support of the Latium team."

He said the offer of help from his company's in-house lawyer, Ed Smethurst, would "relieve the McCanns of the daily pressure of co-ordinating the legal teams".

Mr Kennedy, who was born in Edinburgh, is estimated to be worth around £250m.

He made his money in double-glazing and home improvement ventures with companies including Weatherseal Holdings, Everest windows and Space Kitchens & Bedrooms.

His Latium Group business empire, which has an annual turnover of around £400m, includes firms dealing in plastics, conservatory-roofing, glass processing, and home improvement retailing.

He previously owned Stockport County Football Club before buying Sale Sharks in 1999.

Unpaid leave

Mr Kennedy is not the first tycoon to offer his support to the McCanns.

Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson confirmed earlier this month that he was giving £100,000 to a fund to assist with their legal bills.

Mr McCann, a consultant cardiologist, is on unpaid leave and his wife has confirmed she does not yet plan to return to work as a locum doctor.

The McCanns have said they will not use any of the £1m "Find Madeleine" fund to finance their legal costs.

[/blockquote]