Hi

My pump has failed and I need to replace it, anyone know for definate which part i need to take off.

As you look at the bay, i am presuming it is the thing at the back by the bulkhead just infront of the passengers legs, problem is there are brake pipes leading up to it obviously so i dont want to take off the wrong bit.

has it definatley been diagnosed as the ABS pump by a garage with vag-com? vag-com rekons mines dud too but my ABS works and it stops in super quick time with the new discs and pads in!!! you are looking at the right part by the sounds of your description...but theres LOADS of different part numbers for those pumps!!! it could be a wiring gremlin or the multi plug at the side of the pump, theres a little T piece to the right of the pump, pull it towards you and it releases the multi pin plug, spray some wd40 in there and see if it helps, i did this on mine and the ABS light went out, and then came back on an hour later!!! mines defo not my pump so get it double chaecked before you got to the agro of taking it all apart

Thanks for the response, I have a VAG-com system myself, I have had it on there, cleared the error several times but it keeps on coming back, I must admit it did go away for one day, so I will try what you have suggested, it makes complete sense to be honest.

Thanks again