feckin routers

im ready to throw it through the goddamn window

iv bought a linksys router to replace the homehub iv got a seperate bt router so i connected it to that i set the pc up so the network seems to be fine but can i shit use the internet or xbox live etc xbox says dns failed

i reconected the homehub and that works i then connected the router to the homehub (thats how it is now) if i connect to the homehub network it works but if i connect to the linksys it does fook all the instructions just give me a headache

the network seems fine but the router cant connect to the internet

i had similar problems with my linksys router, try altering the channel and then i had to dick around with the connection settings, took my around 3 hours of playing..

will it connect with the ethernet cable pluged into tthe router??? if it does its almost deffo gonna be the same prob i had. ill did out some settings for you to try.

what isp are you with?

Grrrr don't talk to me about routers! I had one that blew up in April, fair do's, it had been switched on for about 3 years..lol...then I bought a Belkin one with a wireless adaptor so I can use my laptop downstairs and just have the PC upstairs etc etc..

Goddam Talk Talk kept cutting me off a few weeks ago and it was NOT my fault (despite them saying so). *fonejacker call centre man mode on*

"It's a problems with your Belkins madam, it is not Talk Talk broadbandings....please speak to Belkins, they are changing their settings for Talk Talk broadbandings (since when?!)"

Rang Belkin who denied all knowledge and just said ok do a firmware upgrade (which in fact, was a roll back not an upgrade!) and still the router refuses to connect all of a sudden after 4 months....

Ninety three or so phone calls later.......I'm no further on and so stuff it...the ADSL modem has been brought downstairs for my laptop and that's that....grrrrr! Routers don't just give up the ghost all of a sudden...and it's definitely NOT blown up this time!

I've also heard lots of people have trouble with Linksys.

Routers are a pain. I work with computers and it still took me several hours to finally get one router to work. Whereas another router took just 5 mins. Some are just un-necessarily complicated. I bought Ebuyer.com's own make (really cheap router and also very good site to get cheap tv's and pc stuff) and it works fine. Whereas I've tried some of the more expensive makes but had no end of trouble. Just trial and error in some cases mate. Glad you finally got it sorted.