I'm currently using on my MK2 R32, a Koni SSK 16V kit (about £400), I've had no handling problem at all. I was going to try some different springs but the car handles fine, i would recomend poly bushes though, i was on a trackday the other day with the BMW Mini owners club, everyone was amazed with the handing of this beast, towards the end of the day, there was no mini (even 220bhp Cooper s on cut slicks) keeping up with me, on the straights or on the bends. I think the main thing that was helping in the bends was the ATB Quaif LSD, you can put the power down much quicker with little understeer.

olly, if he was using mk3 struts in a mk2 that would be fine, i believe they do fit, but you have to use vr6/diesel suspension on a mk2 vr6 conversion.

i think that may work, although im not too sure on the travel that the mk struts have in them, or the rebound being hard enough, especially if theyre 2nd hand struts. its probably be quite cheap to buy a kit. or even just the shocks if you already have springs from a vr6. thats about all the help i can give.