Engine probs

To cut a long story short. I run round with my temperatute sender wire disconected. Why because if i connect it the car will start when its cold but once warm it wont. The sender is ok iv measured the resistance cold and hot. I some timse bang in a set of resistors that make the ecu think its cold. This is great. The car goes like hell but also uses a vast amount of jucie. Its prob banging in more fuel than it needs. The car will start after a couple of seconds of cranking. This engine is a bloody night mare. It hesitates when under load, very anoying. it has a disributer not a coil pack. getting it plugged in is a no no. I rang a specialest who said that for a car of that age its not worth plugging in. The hesitation stops when you lift slightly but you are obviously not accelerating by then. Is this a fuel starvation problerm or a timing problem. Could worn timing chain tensioners cause this. And could some one let me know where the hell i can get a sustantial wiring diagram from. one that includes electric window diagrams etc. Any replyes would be appreciated. ben.hobson1@tesco.net and ben.m.hobson@britishnucleargroup.com

• 3 months later...

firstly it sounds like a fault with blue temp sensor it may be working but not sending the appropriate signal to the ecu i;e the engine could be at 80 degrees but the sensor is telling ecu its only 50 or something also if your having electrical prob with windows try checking in the little rubber strip that carries the wires from the a-post to the door as the wires are common for breaking in this area ,sorry but i dont know where you can get wiring diagams other than vw if they will print em off for you if your anywhere near stoke on trent i know the vr wiring looms inside out as i have done quite a few vr conversions now. cheers carl.