Hey guys really need your help. Am slowly woking my way through the faults of m newly bought VR, Bodywork is now looking tops and am moving onto the mechanicals.

The first major problem i have is that at low speeds there is a juddering coming through the brake pedal and at times the pedal goes firm, i have checked out the diagnostics and there are no fault codes coming up and the ABS light comes on and goes of as it should at start up. A local garage has said its the ABS pump, has anybody else had this problem, is it the pump and if so anyone know where i can get a cheap replacement.

Cheers

This sounds like the pump cycling as you brake. I can sometimes feel a slight pulsing, which is the best way to describe it,when i brake hard. This can be normal as long as the ABS light doesn't come on. I had an issue with mine recently where the pump was being cycled on and off and I once nearly went throug a stop junction as it didn't brake at all.

The remedy....well I have been working my round the sensors and getting them replaced. The ABS motor hadn't failed but the sensors were driving it nuts. Change the sensors first. My car is 12 yrs old so its expected things like this need changing. Try to find a friendly local garage who can check for any OBD error codes first...they will probably charge 20 - 30 quid for the privilidge though. Don't buy a new ABS motor yet as they are 450 quid or more..then theres fitting....etc etc.

Rip.

I had the same problem a few month's ago and it turned out to be a ABS sensor £11 from gsf. I decided at the time to just replace the two front sensor's. So i didn't have to pay £40 in the near future to hook it up to computer again just to clear the fault code.