3 million foreign drivers in the UK don't worry about the law on our roads

Three million foreign drivers a year are virtually unaccountable to speed cameras & parking

wardens while using Britian's roads, an investigation reveals today.

An estimated half a million rogue motorists have already dodged fines and prosection because their cars are registered in countries such as Latvia & Poland, where driver details are not availble to UK authorities.

Many drivers of foreign-registered vehicles can flout the law they simply tear up any traffic tickets they get in Britian and 95% do that.

Not only is the situation unfair, but it is also dangerous because of foreign-registered vehicles are nearly a third more likely to have an accident, a fifth more likely to be driving a car unfit for the road.

Worryingly, more than one in ten foreign motorists fail in their obligation to register within a six month grace period with the DVLA, which would then put them on to police computers.

Transport for London boroughs under their umbella group SPARKS said: 'foreign-registered drivers are more likely than UK drivers to avoid paying Congestion charge, drive in bus lanes and commit speeding offences.'

The Department for Transport said it was consulting on measures to tackle foreign

drivers but most aspects would have to be pursued at European level.

No different to when us Brits are driving in other countries.

Yeah' date=' but i reckon there must be more foreigners that drive over here, then what we do in other countries!

[/quote']

exactly, these people arent just driving in england for a short time they are staying here (probably illegaly) in great numbers for years, from poorer countries...doubt there are millions or un-registered/insured brits in one country alone....

matt you either didnt read the origanal post right or your gettin confused

I did read the original post and I'm not getting confused. The problem is not the "foreigners" but our own Government and system. There are many many more than 3 million English nationals (primarily chavs or pikeys) that choose not to insure their car too. It's actually far cheaper to buy a banger, not insure it and pay the penalty for getting caught than it is to insure a car. It's rediculous. People, whether visitors from outside England or even worse: pikeys/gypsies, are simply taking advantage of all the loopholes in our c**p system. When you watch those programs like World's worst police chases etc, the penalties in the US seem on average double what criminals receive in this country.

No different to when us Brits are driving in other countries.

In stark contrast, British motorists' details are made availble to the police abroard,

meaning that those who break traffic laws while driving on holiday will not enjoy similar impunity.

This imbalance means that many drivers of foreign-registered vehicles can flout our law.

I did read the original post and I'm not getting confused. The problem is not the "foreigners" but our own Government and system. There are many many more than 3 million English nationals (primarily chavs or pikeys) that choose not to insure their car too. It's actually far cheaper to buy a banger' date=' not insure it and pay the penalty for getting caught than it is to insure a car. It's rediculous. People, whether visitors from outside England or even worse: pikeys/gypsies, are simply taking advantage of all the loopholes in our c**p system. When you watch those programs like World's worst police chases etc, the penalties in the US seem on average double what criminals receive in this country.

[/quote']

Thats a fair coment about chavs and brits not insuring cars in the UK but that wasnt what you said,

you said 'No different to when us Brits are driving in other countries.' wich i dont agree with, but the chav thing is true