Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help me :-

1996 vr6, which is fitted with a supercharger….

When I first drive the car she pulls well, but as soon as things warm up…. She holds back when you put your put down,

Did have a problem with the idle, but sorted that with thanks to people on here…. Cleaned the throttle body with carb cleaner and she idles well,

I’ve changed the plugs and also fitted new leads, Leads from (GSF) And the plugs from the local Vw garage.

Removed one of the new plugs today, and it was a golden, brown colour (after 3 days and not much use)

Just wondering if someone else has had this prob? Or can help me?

Thanks again

some main areas to look at. Do you have the air flow route in sealed up correctly against the charger?? Is it MAF??? If so check that &/or Lambda. What temperatures do the oil and water get to?? looking at premature detonation due to heat.

Hope that helps

Any good diagrams to show where these are on my car??? new to the vr engine sorry

Hi ECT should be item #10 in this diagram:

1183988414_2196_FT182995_housing.jpg

which is hiding amongst all the cooling pipe work at the passenger side of the engine. Note, I think it's the yellow one, it is possible that they have been moved around as all the sensors fit in all the holes!

The lamda sensor plugs into the cat, in the front section of the exhaust - which is under the car ;-)