[moved] VR6 written off, advice please!

my 1993 vr6 has been written off. a lovely lady in a range rover sport rammed into my passenger side as she reversed out of a parking space. damage consists of gouge along front and rear passenger doors. costs more to fix than car value, according to insurer. salvage of vehicle will cost £300, i will recieve £1200 from insurer (total value £1500). SHould i salvage or let her go? not in mint condition, done 130k miles, advice please !

Moderator edit by: SankysVR6

Being written off for just the two doors!? Bad news mate. Surely your car is worth a bit more than £1200. They should give you the value of what it is worth in good condition. That mileage is well below average for a 14 yr old car.

Blo*dy 4x4's. I know how you feel. Only two weeks ago my car's rear wheel arch got rammed by some idiot reversing his 4x4 pickup... reversing out of a driveway too! They should ban these vehicles unless they live on farms and actually use them for what they are. I'm glad they are raising the taxes on these vehicles. They should do the same for people carriers too... most only hold the same number of seats as a normal 5 seater car, and those that do have 7 seats have no boot. My hire car while my car is being fixed is one of these golf Plus (mini) people carriers but it actually has a smaller boot than my gf's polo ...has same number of seats as a normal car just gives huge headroom (good if you have giant kids), but you can't see a damn thing reversing or where the bonnet is.

Hope you get it sorted mate. If it is just the two doors I would get the insurance money and then salvage it or if you can, get it repaired with the ins. money as you will no doubt get it done cheaper than their "estimate". Real bad news mate.

if its really just the doors which are damaged then id deffo salvage it and find some replacement doors (plenty of 5 door golfs in the scrappys.... where u will have trouble is if the b pillar is damaged.... luckily if she was in a range rover there shouldnt be damage to the sill or chassis because of the height of the rover