just thought id ask you guys for a bit of advice on the best coilovers ican get my budget is £500 any help would be appreicated. ive been lookin for a while and theres alot to choose from, maybe theres some to avoid. i heard some bad stuff about fk,s big boys toys say they wont sell fk anymore. so anyone had any bad experience with any other brands or better still any thing positive about what your using on your mk3 vr,s. thanks alot for any advice.....peace

I was on a budget and bought some supersport ones for 340 inc VAT. They are ok but compared to the Avo ones I took off there is a noticable difference, ie they are not as good as the Avo's. If you have 500 I reckon you should be ok. I would spend as much as you can really. I wish I had waited until I had more to spend.

i really want koni ones there arboutr 620 from venom motorsport plus postage. iv been offered jamex ones for 400 fitted from midland vw so im torn between the two, GRE8ORY off here said the jamex ones are a bit bouncy? don t like teh sound of that, and midlnad VW are tryin to tell me koni are too firm for every day use, even iff adjusted?

I was on a budget and bought some supersport ones for 340 inc VAT. They are ok but compared to the Avo ones I took off there is a noticable difference' date=' ie they are not as good as the Avo's. If you have 500 I reckon you should be ok. I would spend as much as you can really. I wish I had waited until I had more to spend.

[/quote']

iv heard some very bad things about supersport (no offense) too bouncy...corode...like FK ak's (avoid)

well by the feedback im seeing and hearing the more you spend the better you get i was looking at maybe pushing the budget to £600 theres the same amount of choice at most budgets. I like the konis im getting more positive stuff on these so far. many thanks to all of you for your time and info. will be on the hunt now for best prices.

Now then wheres the best place to get konis from???

I´ve had my supersport sportkit for a year and they are coroding allready:(. (And I´ve only driven like 6000 miles on them. But they where cheap tough.

I think I am going for koni http://www.performance-cafe.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_25&products_id=696&osCsid=82e6728c6cab9cf7c35af94e60e66a8a

or Bilstein http://www.performance-cafe.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_25&products_id=127&osCsid=82e6728c6cab9cf7c35af94e60e66a8a this time. Is this a good price?

• 2 weeks later...