Hey, not fair! How come my golf's engine dosent have vr6 written on it?

cool phew, thought for a minute i might have a vr from a ford, or a van or something (they did put in the galaxy i read somewhere?)

Thanks for answering that one Renagade :).....Doh

Pretty sure the earlier vr's don't have it written on the cover - it says DOCH (can't remember what else is next to it). I've only seen this cover on the earlier VR's ...I'm assuming you have this cover? The later vr's have "2.8 VR6" as mine does. Nothing to worry about. A cover is relatively easy to swap over.

Pretty sure the earlier vr's don't have it written on the cover - it says DOCH (can't remember what else is next to it). I've only seen this cover on the earlier VR's ...I'm assuming you have this cover? The later vr's have "2.8 VR6" as mine does. Nothing to worry about. A cover is relatively easy to swap over.

Early ones do have covers, my 1994 one did it said 'VR6 DOHC' same as my 1997 vr6 has. it has most likely been cracked or broken so the prevous owner has taken it off.

there are some vr6 i belive (1992 i think) that had the writing in the actaul manifold it self rather than teh cover but its rare.