My Audi Quattro sounding VR.

Hi guys and Girls, Ive not posted on here before, but i do seem to have a problem. My VR seems to sound like an Audi Quattro,When its ticking over it sounds like(Doh,Doh,Doh,Doh) if ya get my meaning.Its an OBD1 which had a recon engine and box fitted 15k ago,before i got it.Now ive had fitted new leads,Plugs,Disi cap, Rotor arm.Also ive fitted aDecat pipe, now the sound was there before the decat pipe was fitted.

A mate of mine said there may be a valve sticking,but i have no idea, can any of you guys shed any light on this because iam tearing my hair out.I just want to get it running right before i have it repainted.Thanks.Rich.

in mine the rev counter twitches away in time with each pop, it can also be 'felt' through the car but bearly noticed when standing over the engine..also each pop isnt timed regular, its irregular

if my timing is retarded (and i have got filter and exhaust), would that also make the car smell like its running a little rich?

Maybe i should just replace the leads and plugs to begin with huh...

OK well the car was looked at yesterday, JBS say that my misfire is due to having split insulation on all plug leads....ill change the leads later on today and post again.

Richy youve done your leads right?

• 2 weeks later...

JBS told me my misfire was due to insulation being split on plug leads...changed these and runs better, but the doh,doh,doh at idle is still present and rev counter twitching away as before.

Car had a new ECU just before i bought it (apparently) so wont be that, hope my internals are ok! the engine does smoke some blue every now and then...