[poll] What would you buy??

My mate is big VAG fan and has had mk2 vr6's, a 3.1 mk3 vr6 etc etc in the past

His last car was an Audi S3 with an MTM Conversion - its was 342bhp and he ended its life side on into a tree lol

The car was insured as a standard S3 so he's stripped the Conversion parts off. The conversion in all was £9k and thats the turbo all the bits, chip and the brakes.

So what would you do?? Buy another one and put the conversion back onto it or buy another motor.

Dont get me wrong the S3 with that bhp was flying - we p*ssed all over m3's and an evo 6 at one point. But i couldn't buy the same car twice. Maybe its just me but i'd do something different.

I've been chatting to a few people and they all think the same - buy an R32 for £13k spend £4k on a stage 4 supercharger kit, put the porsche brakes from the s3 on it and there you have it a 500bhp monster.

So after selling this that and the other the both prices are near the same (£17k) but the R32 will cost more to run and tax.

Defo go for the R32. The S3's are nice, but I agree, you cant buy the same car twice. Imagine you spent all that time and money on a project you have already achieved. There just wouldn't be any excitement as you already know what the outcome is. Going for something different, not knowing what 500BHP in a golf will feel like would be so exciting..

An R32 with 500BHP? I would like to see the ECU printout of where the power is going on that one, some serious Bosch management control would ne needed to allow all that power to flow properly to a 4wd car! But if its actually possible then Id go an R32 over the S3 and rename it an R500 and style it like those recent vw golf gti R concepts that got shown at SEEMA. But keep us updated, sonds like the mother of all r32's!

An R32 with 500BHP? I would like to see the ECU printout of where the power is going on that one' date=' some serious Bosch management control would ne needed to allow all that power to flow properly to a 4wd car! But if its actually possible then Id go an R32 over the S3 and rename it an R500 and style it like those recent vw golf gti R concepts that got shown at SEEMA. But keep us updated, sonds like the mother of all r32's!

[/quote']

theres a R32 engine mk2 pushing 489bhp at this RR http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?147384 look

it used a rotrex stage 2 kit i belive, possibly better than the vf stage 4?

I totally agree with you guys - By the way VR Mofo where do you find the price listing for the Rotrex Chargers?? I know stealth sell them. Cos the money isn't the problem and if other stages are avalible then more bhp for the money would be very nice :-D

R32 all the way mate (simple reason - "no replacement for displacement"!). Just compare a 1.8 to a 3.2...no comparisson plus you get a proper sound with the big engine. Are you buying it or your mate? You might be better of turboing the R32. Some seriously big power can be had... I believe EIP do kits and The Phirm have recently fitted one to a Mk3 VR - has over 400bhp (not sure what stage it is). Cost shouldn't be much more than the stage 4 supercharger - the main cost I would imagine would be the change over for our rhd cars. Or contact Stealth Racing mate.

No matth its defo not for me sadly - It think 500bhp is drivable anymore would be to harsh - plus the S/C is progressive power thoughout the rev range where as big bhp turbo cars are 'bang' there you go power lol it feels faster than it really is.