Which of the VR6 family is the cheapest to run?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any info regarding running costs, (petrol bills mainly!) for all the different vr's out there. i.e. VR6, V5, V6 4motion, i'd like to say R32 but that's well out of my price range... As some of you may know i'm selling my VR to buy a tdi mk4 which would be more suited to my daily commute to work. Just wonderin if I could stay in the VR community with an alternative VR!

Greg

That's true Pete, Tdi's are very tunable and that's another reason i wanted one.

A scooter is out of the question as i've got an hours journey in the VR6, can't imagine how long it'd take me on a scooter!!

what about sinclair c5 how dangerous and slow were they

the scooter i have is gilera 180sp 2 stroke and that will nudge 90-100+

i have a full motobike licence so i can ride any cc

my gilera has a custom paint job from dream machine cost my mate

500 pounds what a nutter its the FILA colours from ruben xaus 998 Ducattie

i would still go for TDI but what bhp well that depends on your budget

and dont forget that tdis peak early 4500 is peak power

but stick some leather and santa monicas 17 inch alloys etc....

and a macain oven CHIP and bingo you have 40-50 mpg and 240+torque

so u only need 3rd and 6th gear the only prob with tdi they do sound like a ice cream van or a genorater at a fair

plus group 10-13 insurance and with a good driver it should keep up with most VR6 whose the girl on this forum she had vr6 and now has TDI and she said she can keep up with vr6s!

anyway i have cramp in me hand goodnight

mpg from an r32 ? ure looking at about 21 mpg for a mix of around town, motorway and heavy overtaking - when the r32 1st came out all the motoring journalists loved its performance, rarity and most of all the handling but the r32 is very expensive to run (heah im not moaning here at all as i dont mind as can afford it) but running it comes as follows .... about 21 mpg (and if you can manage 28 mpg doing 70 mph all day that's fine but wot's the point of having an r32 then ? lol) ,,,, it gets through tyres like hell especially the rear one's when a large chunk of the power is thrown to one of the rear wheels around roundabouts (yes thats when this car comes into it's own !) ... when tyres are still massively road legal the car will easily skid when the tread is no-where near the legal limit... high insurance ... you can't really leave it anywhere as someone will easily tow away the car and sell it's very rare interior, engine, alloys etc on ebay for a fortune !!! running costs of an r32 are way above my old vr6 (but im not moaning at all as its such a great car with rarity and understatement) ... am rather tired of the TDi debate hence might be my last post on here as getting older now .. !

it does all depend on your budget, if your gonno get the t.d.i, make sure its a 6 speed, its much better then the 5 speed, 150 gt, tdis are still holding a lot of money, yes as long as your not completely nuts, also we can all check our average speed readings, i live and commute to and from work in my vr, and its stuck on 20 m.p.h over the last 2000 miles, no matter how much i boot it. the tdi will keep up with a standard vr upto about 100 m.p.h comfortably, but bear in mind your paying double or maybe triple the amount for the acrual car. also chipping them is relatively easy, but always factor in "hidden costs". my mate has a 150, 03 plate, got it, chippped it next week, blew the turbo the following week, cost him about 800 odd for the replacement, and now if you try and lay all that torque down quickly befora 4000 r.p.m, the silly clutch is slipping, so organic clutch is on the way..lol

make sure its 6 speed the 130 and 150 all come std with 6 gears

only early 110 and 115 bhp had 5 and even late 115 had 6

if your mate blew his turbo does the garage or say superchips not warrent this

i surpose once you chip you lose warrenty just put std chip and take back to vw as long as its less than 3 years they should'nt be able to tell