Highline Service

Guest couzens

Hi everyone,

Intend to service the highline soon. Can peeps recommend/agree with the following choices/components I intend to use. If you know of better performance - wise, let us know.

Oil - VW's own or Castrol Magnetic

Oil filter - VW own panel filter

Spark plugs - Does anyone recommend a good combination or should I use Bosch, with the same number of pins the current ones have. I think 3 pin ones are usually the best for Golfs

Air Filter - was going to use a K&N panel filter

Leads - not sure. What would peeps recommend?

Thanks for any advice :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR BY THE WAY. See you all at Stealth for a good thrashing!!

Hi. i work at a VW dealer, so i`ve seen lots of pro`s and cons.

Personaly i would use vw semi syth. NOT fully synth, as the vr burns it of to quikly.

You might as well go for a K n N pannel.

Bosch 3 prong plugs are fine. Theres no point puting platinum in, you wont gain anything but a bigger bill!! They are only used for `long - life ` servicing, and they dont` always last that long...

Why u changing your leads?? If you are, blue igniters are a comprimise with high quality and price!

When you change plugs, use the proper tool to remove from plug, or you`ll break the lead!!! You would be surprised how many cars we get in, after being serviced else where, develope a missfire due to a broken ht lead. Snap-on sell a good tool, better than vw`s own.

Make sure u fill the filter housing with a little oil.

Dont forget the pollen filter and fuel filter.

Good luck.

:P

Some dealers (like the one i used to work for) use Castrol oil anyway.

I would def go with a genuine oil filter (or at least one made by MANN).

Plugs- currently using Bosch, have been advised to use NGK though.

Air filter- go a K&N panel in mine. Would go for that, better then standard one.

Leads- in my opinion there is nothing wrong with the standard ones. Remember some of the performance ones are thicker, so the channels they slot into need to be filed out to made them fit.