Unusual coolant leak, fluid coming through the air vents! Any advice appreciated, pls help!

Guest frankyvr6

Gday Guys/Gals

I've got a '94 VR6 2.8 mark III golf, 4 door.

It has developed a sudden, and concerning coolant leak, any similar experiences or advice on what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

I have coolant leaking at a fast rate, I cannot find where it is coming from.

It is not leaking from the engine bay from what I can tell, the coolant is coming right out from the AIR VENTS near the drivers pedals, and the passenger side foot vents. Drenching the inside of the car!

Has anyone ever experienced a problem like this?

What would you suggest?

Thank you

Franky from Oz

quite cheap to buy £20-£30, bastard to fit, like said dash out jobby, if u cant be bothered take the two water pipes that go into heater matrix in engine bay and join them up with a piece of copper pipe and clips. least u will be able to drive the car without getting wet!!

Guest frankyvr6

Thanks a bunch for the quick responses your a bunch of legends.

I will fit the two hoses together for a quick fix.

I doubt i'll be needing the heater for a while. (In the middle of a very hot summer in Perth right now!)

I'm at a body shop in saltney at the mo, Allan Jenkins. Only there while its good for me, get to use all facilities when i want. We sometimes use dane for re-programming etc, you on the floor? or in the office. Do you know jason?

20 questions!! sorry. Do you own that silver 32?