Random issues, can anyone help? UPDATE, ISSUES PAGE 3!!!!!

gdi new crank sensor fitted, same problem still. she's undrivable now, wont rev up.

seems to be a fuelling issue as no soot is being put out the exhaust.

what are the specific vr parts that affect fuelling?

already checked; lambda sensor, fuel pump new, fuel pressure set to factory setting, new filter, tps changed, air flow meter changed.

does anyone have any more ideas??

thanks guys,

Katie

pm sent

Yeah thats REALLY helpful

I have a walbro fitted, i didn't need a remap.

If you pull the fuel return line off are you getting fuel through???

Just because your not getting soot it doesnt mean there is no fuel. You have to ignite the fuel to get soot, and if you have no spark then you wont get soot......i feel your theory there is floored.

Have you checked the plugs to see if there wet......or turned it over with the plugs out to make sure that your actually getting fuel in???

Could be a screwed ecu i suppose.

with fuel line off it flows well.

fuel pressure gauge is 4 bar with no vac, 3.5 on vac.

spark plugs are a normal light tan in colour.

no strong smell of fuel.

if it starts to die and cuts out you have to turn ignition off to restart or else it takes loads of turns before it starts.

the car only has this problem when the inlet manifold pressure drops, but after fitting the pump it has problems in neutral and coming on to powerband it stops revving.

thanks guys for your help,

Tom, katies other half.

yeah, got a new relay.

if fuel line taken off fuel rail and put into jar, fuel not coming through on ignition only on engine crank, whick takes around 6 revolutions to start. is that normal?

rail is not leaking or blocked.

could it be that its getting fuel and when its rich for accelleration its dampening the spark, ive put ngk platinum plugs in for the obd2 even though its obd1, does this matter?

im getting it back on vagcom and to an auto electrician to check out wiring and ecu as soon as the guy is free, which may be a while.

cheers steve, your help is massively appreciated, Katie :)