VR6 Virgin

Guest kmc23w

OK chaps and chapesses (you lot seem to let girlies drive these cars so must stay PC)

Have just joined the forum and hopefully will be buying either a standard VR6 or poss a Storm in the next few weeks (see my new member post for long drawn out saga)

I would welcome any advice, tips, encouragement, pictures (keep it clean), money, free alcohol,cigarettes, cuddly toys, toasters etc that may help me in my decison making process.

Budget is about 3-4K may go a bit higher for a really good motor, this is a weekend car, mileage not a prob, prefer the blue to the green for a Storm but prefer the lighter interior of the green. and so on and so on.

Any help would be gratefully received. Look forward to talking to you lot more.

Regards

K

PS Ladies apologies for the rather sexist start of this thread I am about the least sexist person I know and I just do it to be controversial, honest!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome,

Couple of things I checked for when I bought my Corrado VR6... 1) Check the ABS light comes on when ignition turned and then goes off - big orange lamp in centre of dash.. 2) Check the seats flip forward (make sure handle isn't broken/snapped).. 3) same with the front seats sliding forward.. 4) check wing mirrors move.. 5) check sunroof, can fail.. 6) obviously check rear spoiler and on the manual switch.. 7) check for water leaks in passenger footwell... 8) check heater dials turn and air comes out (can snap easily).. 9)check water tank for water level.. 10) standard speedline alloys can corrode...

By the way, you be lucky to grab a storm for £3-£4K...! You probably pick up a good manual for that much, and if you want to go cheaper, a good auto if you only going to use it for a weekend car? (did I say I'm selling mine ;-)

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...