Replacement light alloys for 92 VR6

Hi

We are looking to buy some some reasonably priced replacement light alloys for our '92 at present, unmodified VR6 track use, without modifying the arches etc. What is the max size / exact spec that we can fit?

Also, any suggestions re manufacturer of suggested wheels?

We were thinking of maybe some Oz.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Andy and Judith

Hi there, im also looking to buy some lighter alloys for my stripped out vr6 which i throw around the nurburgring.

I have been looking at team dynamics wheels, they claim the pro race 1 wheels are the lightest race alloys in the world at 6.1kg (no tyre) per wheel!

They only produce a 7J on 15 inch rims for the pro race 1 though, so using the same offset (et43 on mine) this requires 6.5mm more clearance around both sides of the wheels, if my calculations are correct!

Thats where i got stuck... knowing if theres enough clearance.

Ross

Hi Ross

Yes Nurburgring is mine and other half's ultimate aim. Yes i have seen the Team Dynamics wheels in Deom Tweekes cat. They look perfect at cheap price. What about the Pro Race 1.2? Re cars i am not very technically minded so please excuse the ignorance but do none of them fit without bodywork adjustment?

Mine is Aug 1992 VR6, whats yours?

Have you started anywork on yours yet?

Regards

Andy

Theres no other track in the world like the nurburgring, i've had the bug for the past few years and cant get enough of the place, my friend from work who i go over with has a website about everything nurburgy, if your interested its www.northloop.co.uk

Team dynamics have a website with all the details of the competition wheels they supply, check it here

http://www.teamdynamicsracing.com/competition_wheels.htm

You can get different 15s, 16s and 17s to fit a golf but im unsure about width and offset. I think if no-one on here can help with clearance advice it'll be best to ask some alloy wheel suppliers for their advice.

If the pro race 1s on 15 inches fit i'll go for them as i think they will be 20kg lighter on the set. The tyres on 15"s are cheaper for track use too and you still get just as good performance according to a test report i read.

Mines a 1995 VR6, have spent the past year stripping it, looks very standard from outside but very empty inside.

It weighs about 950kg now and was 1260kg when i started. All the interior has gone including the dashboard, i have plastic windows all round, race seats etc. KW coilovers, H&R anti rollbars, chipped, ramair filter and straight thru janspeed exhaust, the performance is so much better now. What are you planning with yours?

Ross