Cool running?? Now partly fixed!

Hi i've just bought a Mk3 1992 VR6 and had it for few weeks I'm trying to get it back to a std cond as poss, everthing is there well at least I think it is! i have a problem with the aux coolant pump, it's on all the time!1 poor thing sound a bit rough now ! I haven't got a proper manual so I'm using my wits and cunning to track the problem down. Now I know theres volts on the Blk/rd to the pump when the engines On!, not correct, ok. In assume ther is a relay or control unit or something somewhere hidden does anyone know where!!, my manual say engine bay left, Yeah right on !! loadsa help!! the fan works when I jumper accros 1-3 in temp sender connector. I've disconnt it for now. any clues would be app.

I had the Phirm do some work on my VR6 and they replaced the thermostat housing and stat, which made some difference at least it runs at 70deg C! instaed of 40deg C!!! is mine the coolest VR6 or what!! the aux cooling pump is meant to be on all the time while the car runs!! weird why not use a bigger water pump??? cheap skate VW designers! I suppose. The system was also flushed thro so that must have helped. I'm now replacing the temp sender. But I suspect it maybe an after market mod causing the temp to read low. by fooling the ECU into thinking its colder than it is!!, this then increases the fuel to the engine! like having choke on all the time( i woudn't recomend it, not unless you have a big bank account!) Can anyone tell me why there are 2 temp senders?? in the stat housing.

Cheers

Smurf ;)