VF-Engineering Stage 2 Supercharger fitting

I hope someone can help. I've just been fitting my new VF-Engineering Stage 2 charger kit (to a Golf VR6 OBD1). The charger and all pipework went on no problem, but there are just a couple of things I'm not sure about....

Firstly, does anyone know if I have to re-fit the crankcase breather valve (arrowed on the picture of the standard pipework below)? If so, where does it go? What would be the implications of running without it?

IMG_1802Small.jpg

Secondly, I have what looks like a swirl pot and a piece of pipe (pic below) which came with the kit, but isn't mentioned in the instructions. Does anyone know where this part needs to go and what it should be connected to?

IMG_1821Small.jpg

If anyone who has fitted one of these kits could point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful!

The short pipe goes from the crankcase vent to the catchcan then the longer pipe goes from the catch can to the supercharger intake pipe (onto on of the branches) You'll probably have to trim the pipe to make the catchcan fit properly. Simply disconnect the breather valve as it doesn't do anything anyway.