"Mr Clutch" ???

Hi all

The guys at The Phirm have told me that my clutch (and probably master arm) is knackered - its £430 all in for a replacement. This is obviously very good value, as the guys there are absolutely brilliant.

However "Mr Clutch" will replace the lot for £320 - this is a significant saving, and as I am very broke at the moment, this money would come in handy. They don't use VW bits, but use branded aftermarket clutches instead, which come with a 2 year/ 20,000 mile guarantee.

Does anyone have any experience with Mr Clutch (they are a national chain)? I obviously want to take it to The Phirm as my past experience with them was amazing, but £120 is a big saving!!!!

let me know your thoughts please guys + gals

cheers

Adam

all comments are apreciated, thanks

£430 is for a standard VW clutch + replacement master arm...

Mr Clutch uses new, 3rd party brands....

I know mr clutch is clearly not the "best" choice - but if i'm going to sell the car before the 2 year warranty expires, does it really matter?

oh how i wish i could win the lottery...!!!!!

Depends on how you drive it and how often, my helix feels really good when changing gear - much more of a bite than with a normal clutch but if your not too fussed about it then maybe go for a cheaper one but will Mr Clutch do the master arm aswell incuding in that price? I'd pay the extra for Tim etc to do it because you know its going to be done right & not by a mechanic who doesnt give a sh*t!

The other thing is - they say it has a 20k warranty etc but chances are if you took it back they would say it was wear & tear! Up to you at the end of the day :0)