Where do the factory fitted CD changer and photo cables go??

I removed my standard Sony tape deck headunit yesterday (http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?131610) from my 97 VR6 and noticed that there is already phono cables and a CD changer cable fitted. Now my car doesn't have a CD changer and from looking in the boot it doesn't look like there has ever been one fitted. So I guess these must be factory fitted cabled for easy installation of the CD changer. I can't find the other end of these cables.

So does anyone know where I'll find the end of the cables... I've had a look in the boot and can't see them.

Any advice much appreciated!

cheers

Mark

Have you looked in the spare wheel well' date=' thats where I found mine

[/quote']

Nope, thanks for the advice, but I just took the unused spare out and there are no cables to be seen. From the head unit end it looks as though the cables go off to the right i.e. behind the steering wheel rather than the glovebox direction. The ends of the cables must be in the car somewhere... surely..??

Mark

• 1 year later...

Did you ever find the other end of the cables? My '97 has an aftermarket JVC disk player installed but when changing the door cards I have found all the speakers are Sony branded not VW, so I have bought a Sony origianl head unit and changer to retro fit. I hope the CD and phono leads are already there and I hope it doesn't start beeping though.....