Black Corrado VR6 - 400hp+ Rotrex... Updated on Page 12

any updates

no mapping yet been busy dealing with tired suspension/drivetrain

so ive done a few things since..

00CrossMember.jpg

04KWplusNewBits.jpg

14Wishbone.jpg

18ARB.jpg

now this has been done should feel alot smoother putting down power, all the bushes had never been changed and my 8 year old koni coilovers were proper seized

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have made a few tweaks on the engine, reclamped all hoses & feeds to lose any boost leaks, changed dump valve setup, redone exhaust system then replaced filter, belt & tensioner so should hopefully get some power runs before end of month will let you know

03CrossMemberFitted.jpg

wow bet it feels so nice to drive now' date=' gud look with the mapping let me know what you decide to do bout the pullys

cheers john

[/quote']

yeah just got to get alignment done now, new rubber too so should transform the ride

will let you know but as i messaged you gotta keep tabs on the impeller speed, may have to lower limiter from 7400rpm

don´t have the date yet but think it will be like this year in sept. at padborg park raceway alot vr6 turbos but only 2 compressor golf 3 vr6 one with 250 and one with around 300.both rotrex

cool let me know and will try and get over; same here wont find many rotrex setups they deliver good power and you can use all of it in any gear

• 6 months later...

Thought was about time I updated this finally got back to Stealth last week to finish mapping but only got a few runs as the alignment needed adjusting then the day got way too hot up to 28 degrees outside

Pulled a decent 409hp and already see the torque its better lower down and comes in a lot sooner

With just 2800 miles on the new block should get better with more miles and hope to run it again on a cooler day

Next up a trip to Santa Pod now I can go full throttle here is a video on RR of the first few runs

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j272/b5vwc/Charged%20Corrado/?action=view&current=StealthRRFri21May2010.flv

CorradoRotrexSC.jpg

Looking good ' date=' but video not working ! hope all is good with you , I still got the white VR and loving it !

[/quote']

alright mate video should be okay now if you click the link

i remember that white golf vr one of the few i didnt end up breaking but it was too good for that - must be you still have it :-)

the exhaust catcher in the video made me larf' date=' its getting airbourne lol

[/quote']

yeah its even crazier when your there - that thing was flying across the workshop on the later runs

nice and it sounds sweet on the vid - you going to get to some of the Pod events this year mate - be great to see this run :)

thanks mate - definitely at pod - already made plans to go to main vw events and rwyb

• 2 years later...

it´s been along time since i logged on is there any news on the corrado rotrex front??? sad that the pictures are gone???

would you consitter comming too denmark for a viset either at our meet ore maybe at the jvk day 11/5-2013 its a kick tire day with a rolling roads all the be powered cars in denmark come,jvk´s own mrk 4 gti is being rebuild with kopressor rotrex 30-84 and a precision 6666 it will be rolled that day it has made 700bhp befor but now will se if it can deliver power under 5500 with the rotrex,most off the cars are turbo so it would be nice to see a rotrex one making decent power.

all/most off jvk´s costumer cars will be there

best regards

RIX from denmark