VR6OC Golf / Corrado VR6 BUYERS GUIDES
Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:55 PM
Golf VR6 Buyers Guide / Checklists
Corrado Buyers Guide / Checklists
Vehicle MOT history request (including mileage)
This is a great place to start if you are looking into buying a VR6... You can even print it and take it with you!!
The VR6 Owners Club Team 8)
- VR6Pete likes this
Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:07 PM
Just a few extra advices for rado vr6 buyers:
* Check for a rust on the rear hatch around the rear windshield and the bottom area of the doors.
* The rear spoiler should extend/retract around 55mph.
* Check the state of the roof gators. If they're perished it might cost you a few more $ then you expect.
* Look for broken/worn out seat bolsters (especially the driver's side).
* Check if you get a first aid kit inside the armrest of the back seat and the emergency triangle hide between back seats.
* When checking electrical windows don't be surprise when you try to operate both of them in the same time and they don't work. It's not an electrical fault - windows have been set up this way by the factory - you can use just one of them.
*Some later vr6s need a bit longer moment to start and it's ok. As far as the engine idle ok and sounds sweet on revs it's nothing you should worry about.
* The badly maintained cars often get cracked chain guides. So listen to any rattling when you start up on the cold engine
The most common electrical issues:
* Inoperable radiator fan
* Sunroof doesn’t work
* Rear wing doesn't extend
* Automatic seatbelts don’t work
* Flickering headlamps
* Wipers don’t work (all rado's get a problem with a standard set of wipers and lots of people upgraded them for a lupo's set). The wiper arms don’t have enough tension against the windshield and when you try to use them, they’ll just smear the water all over. There are available a few fixes online showing how to trim down the spring inside the arm to apply more tension.
- daveyboy likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users