im tryin to put a mk3 93 vr6 AAA engine in to my mk3 2.0 8v AGH and havin a few problems the VR6 did not have a imobliser but the 2.0 did how can u bypass it ( its a vw alarm ) which i think is causin a no fuel and no spark problem. and also where can i get a ECU wirin diagram for the VR6????

usin the wirin loom from the VR6 cos i stirpped it from the old car

and does anyone know of anyother VR6 cabs???

any help will be greatfull....

Hi Drop top VR6!

Firstly, welcome to the VR6OC forum!! It's good to see someone else doing a modded mk3 cabrio - there are so few of them about! I think mine was the only one at Inters this year!!!

So the engine is a 1993, yes? What year is the cabrio?

My Cabrio was a 1994-model 1.8 8v pre-conversion and I fitted a 1995 VR6 OBD1 engine.

I chose an OBD1 engine on Strictly Dubs' advice - they always recommend you go with an OBD1 engine into a pre-1995 car or an OBD2 engine for a post-1995 car. It makes the wiring job a lot easier if you match OBD between the car and engine.

From what you describe, it doesn't sound like an immobiliser problem. It's more likely that there is a problem with the switched 12v power feed for the ECU. Paul at Strictly Dubs did the wiring on mine and he really knows his stuff. Give him a call on 01621 778811.

For a wiring digram, get the Bentley Workshop Manual for the Golf Mk3. It covers both VR6 and cabrio models and the wiring diagrams are very comprehensive.

My cabrio project has its own thread on this site if you want to take a look:

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?50618

Nick.

hi nick and thanks for the warm welcome..

yes its a 93 engine and the cabrio is a 98

once its all done im goin to be postin some pic of it so let me know wot u think of it ??

wot the performance like in it?? is it a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothin ???

is ur just a standard VR6 engine or u modded it in any way ???

tony