Just put my car in to auto electricians to replace in line aerial amplifier, but got call to say alarm had gone of in head unit as they tried to remove it - and they dont know how to stop it!!!

Unit is still in facia so other than smashing it with a hammer how do i stop it? HELP PLEASE. :S

:@ Success, after half an hour rooting around the head unit with my ear defenders on the effing thing came out!

It had four catches on it, two along the top and two along the bottom, following advice on the forum I used a junior hacksaw blade cut in half (the full set of removal tools left in the car by the auto electrician were pretty useless but are now mine)

The offending item is now in a bucket surrounded by many layers of soundproofing material in the shed at the top of the garden - it can, however, still be heard screeching at maximum volume!

Apart from driving over it or blowing it up any advice on whether it can be used or is it now an x stereo?

This happened to me when i took the car to get a new sony mp3 headunit fitted. The car still had the original factory fit sony cassette deck in it. The auto electrican managed to get the deck about an inch out of the dash when the alarm went off. Neither of us had a clue what it was at first..

The poor guy had to spend about 20 mins tying to remove the deck from the car, apparently it was a bit of a tricky job to remove!

The old stereo was then promptly thrown in a bucket of water to deaden the high pitched wail!

Good job i didn't want it!