what sort of gains

are the gains noticeably significant

have been told that you can gain upto 50lbs of torque

but also heard that it's only about 20

anybody who has one fitted could tell me the truth

~:(

Guest Olly_K

the truth ? well, get one !

We've just done a group buy of em (31) on here and it makes the vr6 go like the clappers, lots more torque. although i had the shrick cams aswell, so maybe my gain was a little more ? 20lbs seems about right. i've filed my dyno figures away now, cant remember the torque figures, but its on the road where it matters ! I think theres still quite a few people on here who are going to organise a second group buy so stay tuned !

I got 210bhp and 207lb/ft from fitting a Schrick Manifold and Schrick 264 cams, then getting it custom remapped.

And that was with an otherwise standard, average milage engine still running the stock exhaust system (!)

For comparison, the later-spec Audi S3 (and the TT Quattro, come to that) produces 225bhp and 207lb ft.

The conversion cost £1100 for the manifold, £640 for the cams & £550 for the remap and fitting. A lot of money, but you're getting the performance of a £15,000 car. And the performance is so usable too.

The manifold works by increasing the effective inlet tract length at low revs (boosting low-down torque), then shortening it at high revs (boosting top-end power). The best of both worlds!

Some info on the manifold can be found here:

http://www.club-vr6.co.uk/news.htm

[ Edited Mon May 31 2004, 09:26AM ]

I had it on the rollers yesterday was expecting stock 174 but was then told the later VRs had larger throttle body fitted and was over Dunoon to get 194bhp - 185lbs of torque

I asked about squeezing more out and was told that VSR with Miltek exhaust and remap would gain upto 50lbs torque but had a feeling I was being fed a bit of a sales pitch giving me exaggerated figures

don't think it'll stop me going for it you've got to start somewhere

~:(

Guest Olly_K

50lbs is way too much. i have a milltek exhaust, unichip, large throttle body, ramair filter, cams and VSR and i'm just over 200lbs and 204bhp. One thing i have noticed with the vr6's (well mine anyways) is that i never get the gains i want with it. i though i'd hit about 210-215bhp with all my mods but im not there. nick on the hand has done less than me and has more power (bast !) maybe my engine needs a rebuild or a nice ported/polished head :)

If i were you, i would do more conventional routes of tuning 1st, filter, exhaust, throttle body, chip etc. Get the VSR and cams done at the same time or you'll be paying for 2 lots of labour charges !