I think my tracking is wayout, but also on standard susspension here and hating it :(

My last VR was on a gsf kit which i hated because it was too stiff, but honestly it was way better than this!!!

Major boaty at the moment and doesnt feel safe :(

im hoping:

Tracking, balancing, camber?

Nakang tyres !sad >>> toyo t1-r proxes 8)

Suspension ~:( >>> Coilovers or anything!!

I can get fk ak's pretty cheap i dont want to break the bank

tbh, you are better going for a good spring/shock set-up that a cheap coilover kit. coilovers are for hardcore anyhow, and if you want comfort, then forget even the most modest of drop kits! koni/eibach combo is favoured with most owners doing shox/springz only. 40mm drop aim. tyres will have no real effect on suspension quality, only road grip/drive! 4 wheel alignment is a good move once wou have done the job to get most benefit!

Cheers, yeah im having poor handeling and grip, hence why i need better tyres. do they do a 60mm shock kit? gmax is 40mm? so your saying all coilovers are harse? even when you asjust your dampening?

Ive got koni coilovers on the vr, they are ride and rebound adjustable, tbh there not that harsh at all on the softest setting

On the other hand the avo kit on my mark 2 is like rock, it does depend on what make you go for, ive been in a fair few vw's running sports shocks and springs and wouldn’t say they are any softer than my kit...once you've fitted an aftermarket kit you must have the camber and tracking set. I paid about £50 quid to have that done at elite in Essex a couple of years ago, but ive known people to pay up to £100 quid, it just depends where you go :)

As for tyres, Toyo's are a great tyre for the money but being a soft compound they do wear down quit quickly..the T1r are a but harder wearing than the T1s but cost a few quid more :)

I didn't want to lower mine at all (speedbumps, rocks & rabbits in the road, etc), but wanted to improve the handling substantially.

Not the cheapest option, but all I did was replace the shocks with koni adjustables. Now it's really stable at speed, it brakes much better, and the handling has improved - far more predictable and feels more modern & sharper. You can also stiffen it up when you want to sharpen up turn-in. On the softest setting the car rides *more* comfortably than the standard setup, but the car is still far more stable and confidence inspiring than standard. I have mine set to about half way most of the time, but I'll be setting them to soft before hitting the motorway to head north this weekend. Then the following morning it'll be set to 3/4 stiffness for a blast on some of my favorite country roads.