After posting about a problem with my indicators, it went back to the dealer who replaced the loom - for the wipers not to work when I picked it up - they repaired that and now the rev counter doesn't work (a day after picking it up again). I could tell there was something wrong because as soon as something goes wrong, the alarm will only deactivate if stood at the drivers door - not while approaching the car. Do you think we have a real gremlin in the car or .... that it in fact a problem with the alarm that it causing all these problems with the electrics. !dodge Hubby who is a mechanic can't touch the car as it is still under warrenty and I would love to know if this has ever happened to anyone else. I don't want to sound a prat if I mention that it may be the alarm. We have a Laserline alarm 906 at the mo. Any ideas? The fault seems to keep moving around ..... :((

might be an idea to speak to whoever fitted the alarm to start with if its not a factory fit item. as far as advice goes the alarm itself should not effect the wipers or rev counter unless a complete idiot has wired it in! sometimes the alarm wiring is linked to the wiring surrounding the sterring column, where controls for the wipers indicators are etc, but unless the wiring is awful to start with it should not cause such a problem.if the car is under a warranty then all these problems should be fixed(not bodged) by the garage the car came from, or another place of your choice at the expense of the warranty provider if you are not happy with the service to date and want it sorted in one go!