Misfiring VR6.

Guest VRSIXY

Hope you can help me....I've recently bought a VR6 that was running like a dream then i started to notice a slight flat spot on ecceleration and then a little juddery on idle, then yesterday i started it up and there was this awful juddering coming from the engine and when i put my foot down to move it sounded like a tractor. I took it for a ride and it cleared for a short while and then started up again. I also find when i put my foot down the car just doesn't seem to go anywhere, jerks and sounds terrible. :((

It had new spark plugs about 5 weeks ago.

It could be something simple like a damaged plug lead. Who fitted the replacement plugs and did they use the correct tool to remove the plug leads? - they are easily damaged. Failing that - you really need to get it plugged into some diagnostics - something like VagCom on a laptop would be ideal -

Guest VRSIXY

The plugs were fitted by The Phirm so i imagine they used the correct tool, i've also checked the service history and it had a new coil in the middle of 2005 so i'm hoping it's just going to be he leads.