No....not the head gasket

Ok, i have had a problem with a 'kangerooing' type kick from the car for about 4-5 seconds once the car has warmed up. When i start off in the morning the car runs perfect and idles fine. I had a peformance air filter on the car which i though was causing the problem but i have changed it back to the standard filter but still the same problem. I then had the shock of seeing a 'little' mayo on the cap (i know this can come up in cold weather) and i have a small oil leak air filter side of the head.It was producing a little amount of white smoke from the exhaust but nothing major so i changed the oil and now thats gone.

Any ideas?? :?

Mine has just gone and yes there will be a lot of power loss and white smoke . Keep an eye on your header tank and monitor how much, if any, coolant its using. Mine sounds as if its running on three cylinders. At first mine was blowing coolant out of the overflow and eventually started spewing it out of the exhaust. Not to worry you tho! Does sound like an electrical problem .

Sorry to hear that! Im still trying to get round to doing a compression test at a garage but time is not on my side due to work. Im thinking it maybe spark plugs now as it was off the road for about a month and had trouble starting (found out the ignition coil was faulty) so i will look at them this weekend...just seems strange that it runs and idles perfectly and then jumps about like mad as soon as it warms up? If it was the spark plugs or leads would this not affect the cars idle?

Oh and its not losing any water or oil, apart from the slight leak on the air intake side of the head...and i mean slight. This is going to bug the hell out of me as i have been looking forward to taking it for a good burn down the motorway but dont want to shag the engine if there is something major wrong!