How to remove arch trims?

yet another arch Q!!

is there a step by step guide on here for arch removal?

i just picked a Full set of CL arch trims for £5 from the scrappy !lol iv heard of ppl paying loads

i want to check under there for rust, being an L reg im dreading it. if its too bad i might just keep the arch trims, i think they look good. if the rust i find is past the inner lip then will a simple rub down and repray from a body shop do the trick , or wil they need to rolled

The arches are held on with pop rivets and a kind of mastik. Drill the rivets out, you'll find them under the arch on the lip. Once they are drilled out you should then be able to carefully pull the arch off. Then remove the mastik/glue stuff by hand and then maybe t-cut out any scratches that are under the arches and then wax!

As the for the side trim they should just carefully pull off and can be replaced with the CL trim! :)

There should be a hole in the rivet, just take a drill bit that fits it, as in it goes int he hole. Then go up one size i.e. 1mm or so. Then carefully drill the rivet, take it steady all you need to do is drill enough that the head is drilled off. Try this link on ClubGTI some did a DIY ;)

http://www.clubgti.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29783&PN=1