Help needed with horn

hi

i took my steering wheel off yesterday because it was making a scraping noise, i did a search on the forum and followed the advice given.

I now have a problem ive put my steering wheel back on and for some stupid reason whenever i turn left and right my horn sets off,B)

Any ideas what it is.maybe if some one can take a look in the haynes manaul for me.

Any help greatly appreciated

ok ive found out what it is, at the back of the steering wheel theres a round plastic type of lid, inside this lid theres the white airbag wire.this clips on to the steering wheel, and then the steering lock clips on making the steering wheel complete.

when i put the steering wheel back on the plastic lid that covers the airbag wire, clicks out making it uneven. when i turn the wheel the uneven bit makes a connection with the metal setting of the horn.

ok my question is.. is there a special way of putting the black plasctic lid on to stop it from clicking out. or can i buy one from the dealers without buying a whole steering wheel?

plz help the scraping noise is gone even worse :(

Lol! The same thing happened to me a while back after fitting a new wheel except i ended up in town before the pesky horn kept going off at random. Suprised i didn't end up getting a kicking off one of the several annoyed drivers who thought i was beeping at them

Do you have any pictures of what your refering to? Cause i think you might be on about the slip ring. If so and its come apart then you'll have to replace the whole plastic part. As the slip ring is what controls the signal to the airbag and when it comes apart they generally fail then giving you an airbag light! :(

hi m8 sorry for the delay, ill try to get the photo up, the ring im referring to is a plastic lid type wid a hole in the middle where the horn wires goes through, then the steering lock ring clips on. this ring has a metal middle allowing the horn to work.

does the slip ring, clip on to the back? beacause i reckon thats what it sounds like.

thnx