Bloody Ditches!!!

I was driving along the dual carriageway and all of a sudden felt a hard thump at the wheels, i looked in the mirror and saw there was a ditch across the road, almost like a right angle where a layer of the road had been removed for roadworks. My car now drives pulling to the left and there are nasty clonkling noises coming from all corners. took it to get a check and the front bearings are broken, the rear shocks are squeeking as well. Just went Euro car parts and bought:

Bilstein Shocks (gas x 4)

Top mounts and bearings front and rear

ball joints

anti roll bar links

cost a hole burning 229 pounds!!!

dammmmmmm the road tax charges and the stupid never ending road works!!!

rant over

atleast i will be rolling along smoothly i guess once iv paid the labour to fit it all! x)

At the time there were no signs

well... there is a pot hole big enough to fit your foot in to in another street close by, it is not lit well enough to notice and there is no sign to state its presence. if i did drive into it im sure it would cause damage but not to all four sides, just the front and back drivers side id say.

the one in question will be repaired by now, that was well lit and when i went back to take pics had 'ramp' signs 10 meters away (not that it helps) but i guess the council have covered their backs

Agree with above - get some good pics of the hole in the road and the damage if possible to your car (or quote from a couple of garage of the cost to fix it) and claim compensation. Definitely worth doing as quite a few people in the past have claimed and won compensation due to speed bumps damaging their car because the speed bumps were above the legal 10cms max height.

The warning was for a ramp not a ditch. Get the photos and make your claim. I would make it my project, take your time, don;t lose your rag and just keep hitting them with letters and the evidence. Get your mechanic to provide a report with the damage found also.

hey guys, i showed my mechanic properly this morning and it appears that the susp parts are all standard from new bar the lowering springs, he states that the only thing damaged really is the driver side mount bearing and the other stuff would have had to be changed for my safety/peace of mind.

id love to claim off the council but then i have to find VAT registered garages etc and my guy is really good but wont write out invoices etc..... peace of mind will have to rule on this one i guess. and im keeping the car this time so rather now then later...