VR Track day prep

Doing a trackday in a couple of weeks time and I was just wondering if there is anything specific to the VR that is worth looking at.

Is there anything that overheats/gets stressed fairly quickly that is worth keeping an eye on?

I presume the brakes will take a bit of a pounding? Also anybody got rough ideas for tyre pressures? I am running 195/50/15's Toyos.

Keep an eye on the oil temperature. It gets very hot very quickly if you haven't got a cooler. I saw 146 degrees C once on my Corrado! Eased off a bit after that.

Never missed a bit though and I did half a dozen trackdays in it with the temp. regularly hitting over 130.

Brakes will fade if you punish them (assuming they're standard).

I'd say try to limit yourself to 10 - 15 minute stints instead of the full 20 if it's sessioned. Surprising how knackering 20 minutes of believing you're Alonso can be! ;)

And I've always put an extra 3 or 4 psi in the front tyres to start with although once hot it's worth checking them - my fronts went from 34 to 40psi ater 10 laps.

Apart from that just check the obvious before you go, fluids, oil etc.

And make sure you've got a towing eye - some circuits demand that they're fitted.

And take LOTS of petrol money (10mpg on track is usual).

Enjoy it :)