A couple of you know about this but for those who don't, had some work done by VW garage when I hit a deer. The car has not worked properly since and is overheating.

They have repalced fans, fan motor, thermostat, water pump and check all electrics and water system all FOC. Been in VW for over 2 weeks and it STILL is over heating. Checked the head gasket and told OK. The only thing they have not done is swapped the radiator over.

Anyone have any ideas? Fans still do not come on until 110 degrees, sit in traffic and it goes well over 110. When running along it still sits ay 105! VW say the gauge must be out but this was not out before there work.

The only thing is the radiator. The grooves in my previous 2 have been large, but the one they have fitted has very small folds in? They say they have fitted the right one? Anyone know the part number? March 1994 model without air con.?

VW want the car back in but I just do not know what next to do. I am really f**king pi**ed off. x) x)

i am being told that all stages are working b ut i'm not so sure. when i sit my car on the driveway and let it run it goes up to 110 before comes on. i don't think this is working properly. thanks for the part number. are the grooves in your rad larger than a normal golf?

92-97 degrees for stage one...99-105 for stage two. Try bridging the elecrical connector for the temp sender in the rad...brown is earth...touch to one then the other via a piece of wire.Both speeds should work.If not its the sender.Also check the aux. pump next the distributer and the yellow sender in the water housing.

92-97 degrees for stage one...99-105 for stage two. Try bridging the elecrical connector for the temp sender in the rad...brown is earth...touch to one then the other via a piece of wire.Both speeds should work.If not its the sender.Also check the aux. pump next the distributer and the yellow sender in the water housing.