2000 2.8 V6 4motion for sale

Hi Guys,

It is with sad regret that I have to part with my 4motion aka "Klaus".

Its an X reg 5dr in silver with the earlier AUE 24V engine. 116k.

Standard spec apart from Cat back mild steel exhaust is its only modification.

I bought it nearly 2 years ago off a mechanic friend who looked after it well. Christmas Eve 2016 it developed a miss-fire and I had to travel a lot over that period so bought another cheap runaround in the meantime (a 2000 1,8 Vectra :( ).Work and family commitments meant the Golf got overlooked.I got round to fixing the miss-fire (plugs,leads and coil pack replaced) and it now runs sweet, The problem is it is no longer taxed and insured  so it has not been on a run since Christmas eve.I parked it with the handbrake off to try and reduce the possibility of the calipers sticking (ok so far). All electric windows/sunroof work fine (Have kept these lubricated)

There was a worry that the head gasket was leaking as it lost a bit of water and there was a thin layer of white gunk on the oil cap but have come to the opinion that this is simply condensation which has formed as its been stagnant for so long. There are NO lights on the dash.It needs a bit of love to get it going again .Its MOT runs out in June. It flew through the last one).I just don't have the time and money to sort it and its so depressing seeing it sitting outside my house each day doing nothing.

-Sump plug is leaking oil (could do with a new sump pan to be fair)

-Aircon switch needs replacing

-There is rust bubbling around the rear screen(the glass got replaced but the fitter must have score the paintwork hence why its started to rust!!)

-Needs a full service/going over)

-Overdue a Haldex filter/oil change.

I'm selling it as spares or repairs.

Am looking for about £800 but am open to offers.

Car is located in Cheltenham (Gloucestershire)

Any further questions /pics message me on avagaff@Hotmail.com.

Thanks for looking :D

klaus.jpg