Hi,

A while back the golf used to stutter like misfiring, so changed the plugs, leads and coil pack and was all good. Recently when I'm 6th gear at about 65mph, I put my foot down and the same again, slight stutter and yellow ESP warning light flashes on the dash! Really weird as only does it in 6th! Not had chance to scan with vagcom but any ideas?

Liam.

• 2 weeks later...

have you scanned it yet? , haldex controllers aren't cheap , I had to replace mine due to oil leaking internally through a seal for the motor shaft, 

couldn't belive theres no replacement for this seal either!! didn't throw up any dash lights though, just an error code,

possibly, from what I found out when I brought mine,  AWD, ABS , ESP etc are all linked together and if something in one of them systems f -ups it will throw a code but you might also get other codes thrown up in other systems because of that one fault , but you just got work through them faults methodically , the 00812 for brake, seems like the cheapest and possibly easiest one to start with ?,  the first day I brought mine the traction control light came on and wouldn't go out , and gave me a bunch of PITA codes to deal with, Yaw rate sensor was my problem , had to be sent off to Germany to be refurbished :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who's interested, I now have 4wd back with no stutter! It was the haldex controller, the connector end was missing and someone had gaffa taped it back up Anyway new controller in, fiddly as heck, but a simple job when not on just ramps!

If anyone has any questions on how to replace the haldex controller let me know!